2016 Report from the Ballard Business Owners Group (formerly Ballard Merchant’s Group):
People participate because:
• It’s nice for newer businesses to hear from folks who have been around for a while.
• To foster a sense of community.
• To find out how to collaborate on events/marketing, making Ballard a destination etc.
• Having an “ear to the ground”; understanding what’s happening in other businesses/ ebbs and flows.
Proposed changes in 2016:
• Being more plan oriented/action based.
• Working with/from a calendar throughout the year.
• Keeping the meetings less Chamber based, more relevant to the merchants participating.
• More outreach to get others involved.
• Better collaboration between day time and night time businesses.
• Creating action groups around “Shop Local”, Security, and perhaps “Art Walk”.