Salmon Bay Park

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=249

Salmon Bay was originally named by early Seattle pioneers William Bell and the Denny brothers. At the time, the area was inhabited by Shilshole Indians.  The park was named after a former tidal flat, which is now part of the Washington Ship Canal. The Park was deeded to the City in 1890 and annexed to the rest of the city along with Ballard in 1907.  This is one of the loveliest neighborhood parks in Ballard.  (Excerpted from Brandt Morgan's Enjoying Seattle's Parks)

Comments are closed.

Close