Seattle Fish Ladder in Ballard
3015 NW 54TH STREET
SEATTLE, WA 98107
About the Seattle Fish Ladder at Ballard Locks
- Located at the Ballard Locks, officially called the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, one of Seattle's Top 10 Destinations for locals and visitors with over one million visits per year!
BEST TIMES TO SEE SALMON AT THE SEATTLE FISH LADDER IN BALLARD:
- Sockeye salmon are normally present from late May until mid-July with the most fish around first week of July.
- The king of salmons is the Chinook, capable of reaching over 100 lbs. They are normally present July and August.
- The silver bullets, Coho salmon, are normally present from August until early October.
- The best months for viewing fish are also the loveliest for the weather: May to October.