This program originated from a volunteer initiative in Ballard to support the raffles and auctions of nearby schools, clubs and nonprofits.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Neighborhood businesses pledge gift cards, which are deposited into a fund.
- Gift cards are dispatched from the fund based on giving priorities of the business.
- A service fee is charged to cover cost of matching gift cards, gathering feedback, reporting results and keeping the necessary tax and accounting records.
- Gift cards are stored in a secure, commercial location and tracked.
- Businesses can withdraw their gift cards from the fund anytime.
- Signing up takes 5 minutes and requires no credit card or payment info.
- Brings people in to your place of business.
- Raises money for causes you care about.
- Easy, simple, quick, fun and effective.
- Good for the community.
- Distinguishes your brand.
- Pays for itself.
- Invitation to meet aboard and tour a state of the art, 120-foot, Titan class ocean faring tugboat in Seattle. A one of a kind experience.
Over 200 organizations served and counting. Here is a partial list of recipients and beneficiaries.
- Ballard Elks (Bikes for Christmas)
- Ballard Writers Collective
- Ballard Food Bank
- NW Danish Association
- UW TV
- Les Dames d'Escoffier
- Ballard Elks (Veterans)
- Moisture Festival
- Sustainable Ballard
- Beecher's Pure Food Kids Foundation
- Ballard Elks (Emblem)
- Rotary Club of Ballard
- Washington State Chefs Association
- Whitman Middle School
- Friends of Salmon Bay School
- John Hay Elementary School
- Ballard Elks (Tall Elks)
- Bishop Blanchet High School
- Camp Kesem UW
- ARC Dance
- Seattle Area Feline Rescue
- Shilshole Bay Marina
- Refugee Women's Alliance
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- Brain Injury Alliance of Washington (BIAWA)
- Seattle Mariners Women's Club (SMWC)
- Ballard P-Patch
- Attain Housing
- French American Chamber of Commerce
- ALS Association
- Northwest Behavioral Associates
- Pacific Asian Empowerment Program
- Ballard High School Foundation
- And many more...