Ballard Happy Hour & Dining Guide
Find your Pleasure for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Ballard Happy Hour.
Below are a few of the happiest places for Ballard Happy Hour. For a current list of all Ballard Bars, Restaurants, Taverns and Cafes, click here. For Master List of Ballard Breweries, Tap Rooms, Distillers and Wineries, click here.
- Ray's Boathouse & Cafe - Enjoy two waterfront Ballard Happy Hour options daily from 4-6 pm at Ray's. The Boathouse is located on the main level, and the Café is located upstairs.
- Hi-Life - Happy Hour weekdays 8:30-11 AM. Every day 3-6:30 PM and again after 10 PM. On Tuesdays 3 PM til close.
- Olaf's - Happy Hour Monday through Saturday 3-6 PM and all day Sundays for deluxe burgers, beer and pinball.
- Bramling Cross - Celebrate in style! Happy hour from 5-6 PM and 10-11 PM daily at the bar on historic Ballard Avenue.
- Percy's Seattle - Specials on craft cocktails and appetizers daily 4-6 PM and 4 PM until close on Mondays.
- Shiku Sushi - Combine a California Roll and Manny's beer for under $10! Happy Hour is served 4:30-6:30 PM during the week and 12-6 PM on weekends.
- 8oz. Burgers Ballard - Happy Hour daily from 4-6 PM and 9 PM until close at this growing, premium burger joint. Wednesday is Industry Night - get a deal with proof of employment in any neighboring bar or restaurant.
- Hazlewood - Quintessential Ballard hangout with strong connections to the Seattle music community. Happy hour daily 4-7 PM and Sundays all night.
- Hale's Ales Brew Pub - Happy Hour Monday-Friday 3-6 PM and Late Night Sunday-Thursday 9-10 PM; Friday & Saturday 10-11 PM. Seven Buck Lunch is always $7 Monday-Friday, 11 AM-3 PM.
- Bad Jimmy's Brewing Co. & Tasting Room - Sad Hour Sunday -Thursday 10 PM-Midnight with great deal on growler refills
- Need more happy hour options in Ballard? No problem. Dozens of other popular spots are within a few blocks of one another for Happy Hour. Check out Gracia, Stoneburner, Senor Moose Cafe, Hotel Albatross (not a hotel), Ballard Loft, Moshi Moshi Sushi, 4B's Ballard - formerly Ballard Grill & Ale House (lots of pool tables), Market Arms Pub, Kangaroo & Kiwi, Cafe Mox Game Parlour (for board game lovers, Skillet Diner, Shelter Lounge, Lock & Keel, Conor Byrne, The Sexton, Pono Ranch, Essex, Delancey, Brimmer & Heeltap, San Fermo, Golden Beetle, Bramling Cross, Bastille, Kickin' Boot Whiskey Kitchen, Hattie's Hat, Marine Hardware at Staple & Fancy, La Isla, Matador, King's Hardware, The Walrus and the Carpenter, Ballard Annex Oyster House and Ocho. So many options. The fun is in discovering the places you love in Ballard!
- Organize a Ballard bar crawl. It's easy. Meet your crew at the intersection of Market Street and Ballard Avenue; walk any direction! Most happy hours are between 3 and 6 PM with some variances. Happy hour starts again at select places after 10. Mondays and Tuesdays are good to find all day Happy Hours. Cheers!
The following restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries serve BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER in the heart of Ballard. These are all within easy walking distance:
- Hi-Life serves all day in the spacious, beautifully renovated 1911 fire station. Perfect for business, social or family outing. Separate bar and private dining area. Seasonal menu of local, farm-fresh products. A must-see. Open every day!
- Senor Moose Cafe is known by locals for its unwavering commitment and creative homage to fresh Mexican cuisine. Small, colorful and absolutely worth a visit. Good value and unique. Seattle Magazine calls it "the best breakfast in town". Open daily.
- The venerable Cupcake Royale and Verite Coffee is a community favorite and popular meeting spot next to the movie theater. Cupcake Royale serves more than just coffee and caffeine; it serves joy. Open all day, every day!
- Other great local establishments to start the day with breakfast in Ballard include Toast Ballard, Ballard Smoke Shop, Vera's, Tall Grass Bakery, Morsel & Bean, and Café Besalu.
These popular places serve lunch, dinner and dessert in the heart of Ballard:
- Porkchop & Co. has built a reputation in the neighborhood for beautiful, innovative dishes using local, farm-fresh products. Popular for brunch. Open Tuesday through Sunday.
- Red Mill Totem House Burgers is the place to for food next to the Ballard Locks. Red Mill onion rings have received national acclaim and pair beautifully with fish & chips or burgers, which have brought pleasure to countless locals, families and visitors.
- Volterra is an esteemed culinary destination in Ballard. The blend of contemporary Italian cuisine, art, decor, service and wine have earned Volterra national acclaim. This is a must-see and a must-taste. Open daily for lunch and dinner! Lunch options include a prix-fixe menu and takeout.
- Hale's Ale's Brew Pub serves lunch and dinner daily in the neighborhood's oldest independent, local brewery. A filling Seven Buck Lunch is always $7 on weekdays. Fresh beer, fresh food and fresh pizza await all who visit this active and esteemed Ballard brewery.
- India Bistro may be the best value for lunch in Ballard with choice of delicious buffet or a-la-carte North Indian cuisine. India Bistro also offers takeout and catering. Open every day from 11 AM!
- Kickin' Boot Whiskey Kitchen sports a one-of-a-kind Texas-sized bar, dining area and terrace with sweeping views over Salmon Bay. It's a must-see in the thick of the action. Great for business lunch and large groups. Open daily from mid-morning!
- The Matador is ideally located at the top of historic Ballard Avenue. This is a Seattle hot spot reputed for its Tequila Bar, good food and action. The nachos rank among best in town. A stylish meeting point for any occasion with sidewalk seating available. Open daily from 11 AM to 2 AM!
- Ballard Loft is Seattle sports central in Ballard. Located in a funky, fun space with beautiful patio, games, screens and contemporary bar menu. Ballard Loft will keep you coming back. Open every day until 1:30 AM.
These fine establishments specialize in serving dinner:
- Percy's & Co. was nominated as one of America's Best New Bars within two years of opening on this historic stretch of Ballard Avenue. Stylish booth seating, long high-top tables seating 20 and a covered back patio. Craft cocktails are concocted by Joe and Kyle to cure your ills, apothecary-style. Delectable menu and well worth a visit. Open every day until 2 AM.
- The Gerald is craft cocktails and comfort food with a cool, mid-century vibe, a perfect stop while visiting Ballard's three vinyl record shops. Vegetarian and vegan options on the menu with a back room for larger parties and private events. Open every day for dinner until late and all day on weekends!
- Ballard Annex Oyster House connects the neighborhood to its nautical roots with fresh seafood, a bustling oyster & shellfish bar and an impressive, separate cocktail space for large parties and private events. Ballard Annex has many local fans and regulars. Open daily for dinner and all day on weekends!
- Olaf's was voted best Neighborhood Pub in Seattle by readers of Seattle Magazine in 2015. Olaf's burgers, beers and good cheer keep locals coming back week after week. Everything on the menu is prepared with attention to detail and love. If you don't mind the vagina door and TV screens, then you will love Olaf's. Open daily from 3 PM to 2 AM.
- These local establishments also serve dinner, coffee, beer and other tasty treats evenings in Ballard: Hi-Life, Red Mill Totem House Burgers, Porkchop & Co., The Matador, Kickin' Boot Whiskey Kitchen, India Bistro, Ballard Loft, Hale's Ale's Brew Pub, Volterra and Cupcake Royale.